Monday, July 20, 2009

HEALTH REFORM NOW!!

Thank you for applying for a CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield or CareFirst BlueChoice plan. Unfortunately, your application has been denied.


Cherry-picking. That's what I call it.

I was just rejected for medical insurance. I just got out of an extremely toxic work environment. It took it's toll on me and my health. Here I am trying to love myself enough to take care of myself. But self-care comes at too high of a cost. It just sounds too much like right.

Pending recent economic factors, medical care was the number one cause of bankruptcy in America.

The route we are heading with health care in America is simply unsustainable. Here is a case for rationed health care.

I thank God and a strong grassroots movement for the passing of the Mental Health Parity Bill. But more still needs to be done to ensure that mental health checkups and proper holistic treatment is included in the health reform package.

Go to the Suicide Prevention Action Network (a subdivision of AFSP).

Scroll to the bottom of the page to Alerts and Updates.

Follow the instructions to fill in your zip code and identify your Congressional and Senate representatives to ensure the mental health care is properly included in the health reform package.

DO IT NOW!!!!

Lives hang in the balance.

What do we want? MENTAL HEALTH REFORM! When do we want it? NOW!

The Afterw@rd

No comments: