Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Coping With Bipolar Disorder

Yesterday, on the Diane Rehm show, she had three fantastic guests that faced the trials and tribulations of diagnosing/treating Bipolar Disorder and having a child with Bipolar Disorder. However, with an estimated 2.5 million people in the US facing this disease, it is imperative that we act proactively.

I recognize that it is difficult to treat something we don't fully understand but we know what works. Some of the challenges and good advice is provided in this show.

It is imperative that health reform includes proper treatment for mental psychiatric disorders.

The Afterw@rd

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just lost a best friend in a tragic accident. I have bipolar disorder and I don't know how to deal with this at all. Can anyone help me?