Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving, Indeed

Dear Survivors,

I've got a way about me of keeping real busy when I don't want to think about things. I know I'm not alone. You feel me.

On days like this sometimes we focus on tradition so bad that we can't afford the time to show some love to those that make it happen. Maybe we do it intentionally, more likely than not subconsciously.

Kermit likes to say, "It isn't easy being green." Profound words for those who are blue.

To afford the time to think of who isn't present is just so there. Interlaced in the stuffing, mixed in the gravy, flowing through the juices of the turkey and in the smell of the cinnamon on the egg nog. It's in the eerie silence coming out of the kitchen or in front of the TV or wandering in halls or in the lack of drama that sometimes gets addictive. Comedic relief to reflect on after healing years later.

To those who have loved and lost, I pray for you comfort and enlightenment knowing that you are not alone. You share this experience with millions.

Let's take this moment to stand together, reflecting on those we have loved and lost. Be thankful, relieved, resolute, and forgiving of the time we did have together with those no longer with us. Above all today, be blessed and keep it moving. There's more life to live.

Happy Thanksgiving and Take Care,

The Afterw@rd

No comments: