Saturday, January 1, 2011

In 2011: Look for the Me in We

Happy New Year everyone!!! It has been an incredible past year but I sure am glad to see recession, gay-teen suicides, high unemployment rate-ridden 2010 go.

It's time to start anew. Dream bigger, differently, longer-term. It's a time to stretch and test ourselves. Challenge those around us. It's time to get reacquainted with our ambitious, driven self. Where the heck had it been? I know I had to get out and go find mine.

Now, I am stretching and testing myself personally and professionally in ways that I could ever have imagined. Glad to know I am in good company.

Oprah is starting her OWN network. Republicans are going to try to remember what fiscal conservatism is again. Obama and his health care program are in for a rough but win-able fight. Even, the Sunday New York Times just published their version of helping marriages self-expand.

2011 hopes to be a good year for mental health. This is the first full year that mental health parity has been in existence. This means that anyone with a need can go see a mental health professional for as long as they need to without restrictions.

It's like taking a breath of fresh air.

I finally feel like I can and want to live again.

The Afterw@rd

No comments: